Kingsbridge Australia


Partner Visa

There are many reasons why Australia is quite a popular destination among several individuals with the top cause being the country’s welcoming atmosphere. This has enabled a large number of individuals, who are either permanent residents or eligible citizens of New Zealand to move to Australia to live with their spouses, fiancées, or de facto partners. The individual’s needs and eligibility determine what visa they can obtain, whether a temporary or permanent visa. According to the visa that the individual has selected, the conditions, fees, and eligibility criteria differ. Regardless of the type of Partner Visa selected, the applicant must be of at least 18 years of age.

Partner visa applications are categorized depending on subclasses, but for an easier understanding, they are divided into two branches: for applicants within the country or applicants outside Australia.

Temporary Partner Visa (Subclass 820)

You can apply for Temporary Partner Visa Subclass 820 if you wish to reside in Australia with your partner until the permanent visa (subclass) 801 application is still processing. The visa holder is permitted to work in Australia.

Permanent Visa (Subclass 801)

Onshore applicants who wish to settle with their partners permanently once they have lived with them temporarily on 820 visas can apply for the Partner Visa Subclass 801 which is available for spouses and even the de facto partners.

Partner (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 309)

With Partner Visa Subclass 309, the spouse or partner of an Australian Citizen, permanent resident of Australia, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand is allowed to stay in Australia on a temporary basis. You can obtain this visa while your permanent partner visa is being processed.

Partner (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 100)

If you wish to migrate to Australia to live with your partner permanently, you can apply for the Partner Visa Subclass 100, if currently you are outside of Australia. You are permitted to sponsor your eligible family members to Australia with this visa.

Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)

With the Visa Subclass 300, the prospective spouse of an Australian resident can travel to Australia to marry their partners. This visa is valid for up to 9 months, allowing the applicant to stay in the country.

About US

How Immigration Lawyer Perth Can Help You?

Immigration Lawyers Perth is constituted of a team of experienced, dedicated, and qualified agents who analyze the personal circumstances for each client, after which they discuss the best-suited Business Visa options available according to the situation of the client. Our agents are experienced in several similar category visas which enables them to provide individual clients the most suitable possible solution based on their circumstances. We work to provide you with a comprehensive picture of whether you meet the eligibility criteria or not, and then complete your application for you to the Department of Home Affairs.