Kingsbridge Australia


Child Visa

The Child Visa allows parents to bring their children living overseas to Australia. The grant of this visa allows children to reside in Australia lawfully if they meet the requirements set to obtain the visa. Children of Australian permanent residents, Australian citizens, or eligible citizens of New Zealand, including the young individuals who are adopted, independent, or orphaned can apply for this visa.

Child migration might seem like an impossible process but it’s not! The adult who intends to take his child to Australia and let him reside in the country can easily apply for the visa provided they are aware of the requirements to obtain the visa.

Child Visa (Subclass 101)- offshore

The Child Visa (subclass 101) can be applied for children below the age of 18 so they can live with their parents in Australia. The visa is permanent for children sponsored by their parents or parents’ partner. The visa holder is permitted to travel to and from Australia for up to 5 years. if the child is older than 18, they must be a full-time student, but younger than 25 years.

Child Visa (Subclass 801)- Onshore

Onshore applicants who wish to continue to live with their parents can apply for the Child Visa Subclass 801. To apply for the visa the child must be single as well as, meet the age criteria.

Adoption Visa (Subclass 102)

If an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen adopts a child and intends to bring him/her to Australia, they can apply for the Adoption Visa (subclass 102) which enables the child to migrate to Australia rightfully and live their permanently. The applicant child must be younger than 18 years with sponsorship from parents living in Australia.

Orphan Relative Visa (Subclass 117)-Offshore

The Orphan Relative Visa is for children who have no living parents or guardians except for Australian relatives. If the child is single or below the age of 18, they can apply for this visa. The visa holder is permitted to enroll in any course or opt for work.

Orphan Relative (Subclass 837)-Onshore

An orphan child can apply for this visa if he/she do not have parents or guardians to take care of them except for the relatives living in Australia who have obtained Australian citizenship, permanent residency, or an eligible New Zealand citizen. The Orphan Relative (subclass 837) can be categorized in permanent resident visas and can be applied for by children who are 18 years of age or younger, and by children who are single.

Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445)

The parent holding a temporary partner visa is issued the onshore or offshore Dependent Child Visa (subclass 445) on a temporary basis. The child is permitted to travel with the parent until permanent status is granted to the parent, and he/she can also study or work while they stay in the country.

New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 461)

If you wish to travel to Australia to stay with your New Zealand citizen family member who holds the Special Category visa, you can apply for the New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (temporary) Visa (subclass 461).

About US

How Immigration Lawyer Perth Can Help You?

Immigration agent Melbourne is constituted of a team of experienced, dedicated, and qualified agents who analyze the personal circumstances for each client, after which they discuss the best-suited Business Visa options available according to the situation of the client. Our agents are experienced in several similar category visas which enables them to provide individual clients the most suitable possible solution based on their circumstances. We work to provide you with a comprehensive picture of whether you meet the eligibility criteria or not, and then complete your application for you to the Department of Home Affairs.